2011年8月7日星期日

WOMAN ON TOP

Tennis sensation Maria Sharapova combines beauty and brains. In a quick chat, she talks style, work and charity



You're a fashion icon, on court and off. What's your style philosophy?
My style motto is 'less is more'. I really
like retro clothes. I take inspiration from
the streets of international cities I visit
during tournaments.
What's your fashion fetish?
I love high heels and cannot resist a pair
of Louboutins. Handbags and sunglasses
are also a weakness.
Who are your favourite designers?
Stella McCartney, Rick Owens, Marc
Jacobs and Isabel Marant, among others.
Being among the most influential women in
sports, how do you decide on the brands that
you want to endorse?
Tennis star Sharapova is also a fashion icon. Hefl gearing tne TAG H^H Formula 1 Chronograph Black Cer^mjpWBnMy agent laughs at my ability to say no to projects I don't want to endorse. I have to feel deeply involved, to be able to put passion into it. It is the case with TAG Heuer: we share the same values. The brand keeps reinventing itself, innovating and fighting for its position. You're a UNDP goodwill ambassador and your Foundation has worked towards helping victims of the Chernobyl disaster. Tell us a little more about your philanthropic activities. I became involved with the UNDP as they stressed on the need of doing something in Belarus. My family is originally from Gomel, near Chernobyl, so the cause was close to my heart. When you feel you have been blessed by life, you want to give back. I feel I am an extremely lucky girl and I want to share what I have to help others. This is why I started my Foundation. How do you kick back?
I love reading a good book. I enjoy my morning cup of tea. But just being at home and spending time with my family and my loved ones is what I love most.

没有评论:

发表评论